The Gender Equality Committee at the UHM was set up in 1999. The objectives of this Committee are to highlight those areas, which need to be addressed in order for women at the workplace to have the same opportunities and treatment as their male counterparts and for the female members of the UHM to have women representatives who can help them in situations in which they feel more comfortable tackling with their female counterparts in their trade union.
The Gender Equality Committee is a member of the Malta Confederation of Women’s Organisations (MCWO) which in turn is affiliated to the European Women’s Lobby Group. Dr Romina Bartolo is also the chairperson of the MCWO.
The committee meets regularly and is made up of women workers from all sectors of the workforce.
Present Committee Members:
- Dr. Romina Bartolo, Chairperson
- Maria Bartolo Galea, representing Public Entities Section
- Doreen Calleja, representing General Service Section
- Lilyen Fiedler, representing General Service Section
- Silvana Camilleri, representing Private Sector
- Connie Falzon, representing Health Sector
- Carmen Pace, representing Health Sector
- Tereza Galdes Debono, representing Pensioners Section.
For further information, contact Dr. Romina Bartolo on email@example.com.